Join the MCC VISTA Team!
About the Program | Current MCC VISTAs | Past VISTAs | Apply
We are looking for passionate people to fight poverty as AmeriCorps*VISTA members by increasing college aspirations among K-12 youth in Maine. Each member will serve at a college or community organization for a one-year term. At your site, you will develop and coordinate programs that will increase the capacity of campuses to provide student volunteers to serve low-income K-12 students. This could include creating or coordinating mentoring, tutoring, or advising programs, providing training for college students to serve as volunteers, working with faculty and staff to support service initiatives focused on college aspirations and access, writing grants and proposals to support service on campus and in communities, and recruiting and supporting college student volunteers.
Note: Before submitting, please review our application process below. You only need to submit an application for one position below in order to be considered for multiple.
Position description available when you click on Apply.
1. Complete and submit an application through the Apply links listed next to each position above.
2. Submit a cover letter and resume to Zack Borth, VISTA Leader, at email@example.com.
3. Application Screening: Our office will review your application and then contact you to let you know your status (you will always hear from us, even if you do not pass this initial review).
4. Interview #1: Applicants who pass the application screening will be contacted by Maine Campus Compact to schedule an initial interview.
5. Host Site Review: Interviewees who are a good fit for this work and would be a great addition to our statewide VISTA team will have their applications passed on to the host site(s) of their interest.
6. Final Interview: After reviewing application information, host site(s) will hold interviews with those applicants whom they feel are best suited for their environment and the important work to be carried out.
Selection decisions will be made by mid-June. However, this entire process can sometimes happen in as quickly as one week.